The Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe (RPAZ) was established through an Act of Parliament, Radiation Protection Act [Chapter 15:15] of 2004. The mandate of RPAZ is to protect people and the environment against the harmful effects of radiation.
Radiation Safety Basics
- Distance - maximise your distance from a radiation source.
- Time - spend as little time as possible near a radiation source.
- Shielding - wear proper shielding in relation to the type of radiation
Radiation Protection Principles
- Justification of the practice
- Optimisation of the protection
- Limitation of the individual dose