The Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe (RPAZ) was established through an Act of Parliament, Radiation Protection Act [Chapter 15:15] of 2004. The mandate of RPAZ is to protect people and the environment against the harmful effects of radiation.
58th Regular Session of the IAEA General Conference
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Radiation Safety Basics
- Distance - maximise your distance from a radiation source.
- Time - spend as little time as possible near a radiation source.
- Shielding - wear proper shielding in relation to the type of radiation
Radiation Protection Principles
- Justification of the practice
- Optimisation of the protection
- Limitation of the individual dose